Photo Booth vs Photographer – An Unfair Advantage
Did You Know?
Photo booth rentals emerged in the early 2000’s as quality digital cameras, flat screen computer monitors, and compact photo quality printers became available. Inventive and enterprising individuals built their own photo booths by connecting a digital camera, printer, flat screen computer monitor, and some sort of input device to a personal computer. Software was then created to control all these devices, create a photo booth experience, and print out a photo strip. Entrepreneurs and photographers began renting out these photo booths at weddings and other events, and they’ve been growing in popularity ever since.
Interest in photo booth rentals really took off in the United States in late 2005 and continued to grow until early 2012. Other countries such as Canada, Australia, and the UK were slower to catch on, but interest picked up between 2008 and 2010 and has continued to grow ever since. On Google Trends you can see that as interest in photo booth rentals has grown in the United States and Canada since 2005, the number of searches for wedding photographers has declined. In fact, in both the US and Canada, Google searches for wedding photographers have fallen by 50% since 2005. We don’t see the photo booth completely replacing wedding photographers. They just add a novel and fun way to use photography and create really fun wedding favors.
Photo Booth vs. Photographer – Some people wrestle with the decision to either hire a photographer to photograph the people at their event or to rent a photo booth. Each has their advantages, but most people don’t seem to realize that in many ways a photo booth can do what only the most talented photographers can do. Here’s how a photo booth outshines a photographer:
- A photo booth gets people to loosen up, be themselves, move past their natural inhibitions and not freeze in front of the guy with the camera.
- Fears and inhibitions fall away as people enter the booth with a prop in hand.
- Guests get enter their own place to play, and people of all ages simply have a blast. Grandparents honestly have just as much fun dressing up and getting their picture taken as 5 year olds do.
- Typical event photography is pretty dry stuff. It’s like watching a documentary. Talented photographers and modern photo booths on the other hand can bring people to life, capture the spirit of the event, and turn shy turtles into strutting peacocks. They create epic, dramatic, short stories that are full of life, colourful, and fun.
- They capture tons of hilarious moments.
- Guests get to creatively and spontaneously direct their own photo shoot. You may be surprised at how much fun your most timid guests have once they get their hands on a feather boa, fake mustache, or over sized pair of sunglasses.
- Allows guests to immediately take home their picture from the event with them. Sometimes these are printed on a beautiful designed photo booth template layouts.
- A photo booth gets pictures of everyone. Nobody is forgotten or left out.
- Entertains your guests and gives them something to talk about.
- Keeps taking pictures for the full length of your event without getting tired and losing enthusiasm.
- Takes pictures when guests are ready.
- Allows retakes if guests aren’t happy with their picture.
We could keep going, but you probably get the picture. Talented photographers are amazing people who do amazing work, but what are the odds of finding one who can do all this stuff flawlessly for hours on end? Save yourself the hassle and opt for something that’s sure to make your event a great success. We’ve made it easy to find photo booth rental company near you. You can even see what all their booths look like. Take a look and see which one might work for you.
Photo booths are also fantastic for enhancing the look and feel of themed events and capturing the fun. Here are some ideas to spark your imagination:
50th Birthday Party Ideas, 40th Birthday, 30th Birthday, you get the picture